Follow @PaulMauffray

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

NOCCA Alumni Concert 2004

In 2004, the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts celebrated its 30th anniversary. In honor of this occasion, we organized an Alumni Concert which included both jazz and classical musicians who studied at NOCCA over the past 30 years. We found players young and old from all around the country to come back and join us in performing a chamber orchestra concert. Our program included classical music with jazz influences by Stravinksy, Hindemith, and Milhaud.

I am proud to be a NOCCA graduate, and I consider my studies there with Dr. Bert Braud to have been the greatest influence on my life!


The patron party for our alumni concert was held nearby at the residence of my dear friend Margarita Bergen. She writes about cultural and social events at BayouBuzz.com. We are pictured here with Marda Burton and one of my favorite local jazz singers Julia LaShae.

No comments: