Follow @PaulMauffray

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sweden 1999


Here are some photos from when I conducted in Sweden. I had previously worked with the Vänersborg youth orchestra in Prague in 1998, and in the summer of 1999 we did a concert in Vargön which is on the lake Vänern near Trolhätten.



These were some of the nicest and most well-behaved kids I have met in the whole world, and they were a real joy to work with! We rode bicycles everywhere in town, got to play tennis together in our spare time, and we even saw a wild moose in the forest one morning.













Two of the other pictures I'm including are from a boat I slept on in Stockholm and our visit to the unique town of Smögen on the west coast of Sweden. The highlight of my trip to Stockholm was attending rehearsals of Myun-Whun Chung conducting Nielsen's 5th symphony!



It was an unforgettable surprise when the youth orchestra invited me to a crawfish dinner! This is about the best thing you can do for someone from Louisiana :-)



No comments: